Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Big day!

First, I'd like to wish some special people a happy birthday and a happy anniversary! : ) I love you guys very much!! They know who they are...

Today was a long day. After work was a 3 hour practice session for the choir. After auditions, I found out that apparently only 5 women were selected for the choir, basically one extra person for each voice part. I can't tell you how even more shocked I am that I got selected! Maybe the director has a soft spot for people in Karolinska because she is a surgeon there (talk about talented woman!!). But apparently, I made soprano 2 (woo hoo), which is a first for me because I can't remember the last time I was assigned a soprano part.

You can check out the website of the group: http://www.damkorensalt.se/index.php and click on "Lysnna" to hear some music samples!

Anyway, the practice was fun. Everyone was wondering what I was doing there because I don't speak Swedish (yet), but when I introduced myself, the director chimed in and said, "but she sings in Swedish!" lol. It was pretty cute. Although we were learned English songs (yay for words I can pronounce) today, the  practice was in Swedish. By the end, I decided that if I ever wanted to get "instant immersion in Swedish", this was the place to be! I learned several numbers and even how to say "first alto" and "second alto" etc. :)

We have 7 weeks till our first concert in October (most likely the 24th). And I have to learn 8 songs by memory. This is going to be intense!! But I'm so excited!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the part! Sounds like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!!! SURPRISE NUMBER TWO!!!! :) See, I told you that you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We're singing jazz music right now and it's definitely fun!

    ReplyDelete