Monday, September 27, 2010

Min semester i Grekland (My vacation in Greece)


Greece was lovely, to say the least. How does one describe a week's worth of sailing, swimming, snorkeling, and soaking up sun? :) I even spent some time learning Swedish! (Wow, notice the ridiculous amount of "s" words I used in the last two sentences). Perhaps the coolest thing was snorkeling because I had never done it before. Let me say, it was an experience that everyone should have! I saw little fish dig in the sand dunes of the ocean floor and I even saw a squid that could change the colors of its "skin". SO cool. I wish I had a camera that could survive underwater because the images I saw cannot be adquately described in words. One day, I'm going to go to the Caribbean or Australia and snorkel my eyes out staring at the coral reefs.

However, I managed to get some of Methoni (the town where I was). The photos are pretty self-explanatory... but they include the beach, the castle, and the town center.






So as you can imagine, I'm not super thrilled to be back in Sweden, where it substantially colder, cloudier, and less colorful. Actually, I don't know about the colorful part. Autumn has started and leaves are turning wild yellow, orange, and red!! Anyway, it's back to real life and real work :(

1 comment: