Ahhh! How could one month of 2011 almost over? Seriously, where does the time go?
Work has been keeping me busy, and I've been having fun doing experiments. I tried doing an experiment to check my technical skills and what do you know... I am good at doing experiments... technically. haha. Hopefully, one of these days, the experimental results will be good scientifically. Recently, I got an email from a company from whom I ordered a compound:
"Dear customer,
We have recent evidence that the compound you ordered from us was an incorrect concentration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."
Seriously, what an annoying email. 1) What IS the right concentration? 2) "Inconvenience"? Really, you think?
So I emailed them back and asked them about the concentration. The answer? The concentration was 5% of what the quoted concentration should have been... Huh. That explains a lot... as in the past three months of NO results. When I tried to detect a particular protein with this compound for the last three months, I never detected it... who knew I was using 5% of the compound?? Sigh. Well, at least, now I know why nothing was working! haha. Hopefully, things start working this time around.
Other than that, life is alright. I'm desperate for the spring to get here. So desperate that I even bought myself some tulips from the store. They make me so happy! Bright, colorful, red, and yellow! Haha. Call it wishful thinking. ;)
Anyway, now it's time to sleep. :)
Work has been keeping me busy, and I've been having fun doing experiments. I tried doing an experiment to check my technical skills and what do you know... I am good at doing experiments... technically. haha. Hopefully, one of these days, the experimental results will be good scientifically. Recently, I got an email from a company from whom I ordered a compound:
"Dear customer,
We have recent evidence that the compound you ordered from us was an incorrect concentration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."
Seriously, what an annoying email. 1) What IS the right concentration? 2) "Inconvenience"? Really, you think?
So I emailed them back and asked them about the concentration. The answer? The concentration was 5% of what the quoted concentration should have been... Huh. That explains a lot... as in the past three months of NO results. When I tried to detect a particular protein with this compound for the last three months, I never detected it... who knew I was using 5% of the compound?? Sigh. Well, at least, now I know why nothing was working! haha. Hopefully, things start working this time around.
Other than that, life is alright. I'm desperate for the spring to get here. So desperate that I even bought myself some tulips from the store. They make me so happy! Bright, colorful, red, and yellow! Haha. Call it wishful thinking. ;)
Anyway, now it's time to sleep. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment