Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scooped again! The universe does spite me!

That's right. As of today, I. have. been. scooped. (For those who don't know what scooped means, it's what happens when someone else publishes work that you were/are doing before you got a chance to publish it.. which means you can't publish your work). I just found a paper today that describes results from THE EXACT PROJECT I was going to begin in Sweden. I suppose I should be happy that my projects are SO important that everyone is working on it...(please note the sarcasm).

Now perhaps we have to think of a new project for me to do in Sweden. I guess I'll be on vacation for another two months or so.. On the upside, we got champagne and cake in lab to celebrate the secretary's 60th birthday. Here's to drowning my sorrow in bubbles.

3 comments:

  1. You'll find something new soon! I will help you brainstorm :) I considered writing some helpful tips, but decided against it--just in case scoopers work in groups and have you (i.e. your ideas) as a primary target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay positive sweetie, you will find something. I know it is disheartening when after so much of hard work, someone else walks away with what would have been your results, its very frustrating. But be hopeful and have a positive attitude. You might get a better project. My best wishes are with you always. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jeez that sucks! Hopefully your PIs can help you think of something else?

    ReplyDelete