After my few days of sickness, I became swamped with work. It started around Friday afternoon with a few emails from my US colleagues requesting me to look at some files and soon exploded into an avalanche of emails. At the office this week, I've been fervently typing out papers and reports. Thankfully, I got a nice break today when I got to do a small amount of work in the lab. Wow, did that feel good! (And yes, I did in fact say that lab work felt good).
My non-work life also kicked up a notch. This past weekend, while the Stockholm half-marathon took place, I attended an outdoor FoxTrot and ChaCha dance lesson. What a great experience it was to dance by the riverside and to have all the runners go by us probably wishing they were dancing instead of running their 20th kilometer... Then, motivated by all this exercise, I decided to get a membership at a gym and went on Monday night. I'm still exhausted from the weight-lifting. Oh well, it's supposed to suck in the beginning.
Tuesday night was choir practice, and we've been loaded with even more songs (I think we have around 15 now and we'll probably get more). Then I found out that our concert in October is going to be 4 hours long. Seriously, I ask myself now, into what have I gotten myself? Fun times, that's what. :-)
And tonight, I have my first Lind-Hop class and I'm super excited for it. Hopefully, I don't pass out from exhaustion before it..
Then Friday, vacation in Greece for a week. WOOOOOoooooHOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!
I'm really glad that I have so many things going on again. I realized a few days ago that it's been a month since I arrived. Time sure does go by fast! The only thing that confuses me is the weather. Autumn is already here, as in leaves are already changing colors. As lovely as the environment looks, the weather is definitely getting crummier and I can already feel the light disappearing.. When I first arrived, the sun set at around 9 pm, but now it's setting at 8 pm. And as weeks go by, that time will soon become 3:30 pm. I. can't. wait.
Have fun in Greece :)
ReplyDelete